I look back at my last post, and try not to sweat the fact that it's been over a month since I've blogged. I've got my reasons. There was the stress of wrapping up my grad-school assignments for the semester in early December, followed by the devastation at Sandy Hook Elementary, in which I couldn't and still just don't have to words to speak or write of. There was the week leading up to the holiday break, in which I literally had a Christmas party 4 of the 5 weeknights. And, then it was time to pack up for the holidays!
But, that doesn't mean I want a whole month to go undocumented. Especially a month filled with...
1. Awkward Self-Timer Christmas Card Photo-Taking
|Yes, we totally took our camera & tripod into the woods off of a trail in our neighborhood, sat on a towel, and self-timed this fabulous holiday photo! Next year, I vow to get a professional!|
2. Chemo-Completion Celebration for my dear friend and former co-worker, Carol!
3. Wedding of one of my oldest child-hood friends, Jannell, and her sweet guy, Brian, who went to high school with us!
4. Tacky Christmas Sweater Parties
|Please note the scarf Kyle is wearing...recognize it from above Xmas-card photo? Yes, I married that guy!|
5. Early Present Exchanges
6. NC State Basketball Game
7. Horse-Drawn Trolley Rides
|Kyle's parents & us...missing Ryan|
9. Christmas Pageant at My Grandparents' Retirement Home!
|Starring us as Mary & Joseph... proof of how much I love my grandmother that I agreed to this!|
10. Christmas Eve Dinner w/ both our families
|Love Kyle's family's tradition of everyone popping their "popper" and wearing the crown inside!|
11. Christmas Morning Excitement
12. A White Day-After Christmas in Virginia
13. Game Nights w/ the Cousins
14. Birthday Celebrations
15. Play-Time & Snuggles w/ This Cutie!
Other highlights include...
A 5-hour drive on Christmas Day to Virginia with my parents, grandparents, Kyle, and me all piled into the car!
Our annual Gecko Girls Christmas Party, complete w/ Reindeer Chow & Holiday Cheer!
Polar Express Day w/ my kiddos on the last day of school before break!
Seeing Les Miserables with Clan McLeod...so amazing!
Port City Java Date w/ my friend, Becca
And, lots of other good quality time with Kyle's and my family!
Fa, la, la, la, la!