Spring Break, Where Have You Been All My Life!?

4.02.2012

I'm tellin' ya, if every day could be a day that I'm on Spring Break, I'd be the happiest person alive! Probably not the most productive person, but definitely the best possible version of myself mood-wise!
I slept in this morning (which, fyi for me is 8:15am, but I'll take it!), lounged around, met my friend, Feixy, for lunch, went shopping, and had dinner outside with Kyle at Tyler's! Happy Sigh!!!


Kyle and I snuck off to Baltimore for the weekend so that we could finally kick off the wedding festivities for my college bestie, Beeb's!

But, we couldn't go to Baltimore without making a pit-stop at my cousins' house in Virginia, so Kyle and I broke up the trip and stayed with them on Friday night! We laughed over pizza with my Aunt Clair and cousin Sarah, and watched some ridiculous show called My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding once my other cousin, Anna, got home for the night! Always a good time when the cousins get together!

We woke up bright and early so that we could have breakfast together before Anna hit the road for the beach and we hit the road for B-more! It was too short of a visit with the fam, but at least we get to see them for a wedding in May and for Anna's graduation (which we would never ever in our wildest dreams not be at ... right, Anna!?).

The Bridesmaids were hosting a shower for Beebs, and the theme was a "tea party"! It was SO cute, and so much fun, but you'll have to wait for another post just about it with lots of fun pictures to come! Beebs got showered with lots of love and presents, there was amazing food, and great company!

While we were playing tea party, Kyle and Brian, Beebs' fiance, were out eating burgers and drinking beers in Baltimore! They joined us later in the day after the shower, and we lounged around and continued to snack on the leftover yummies, although I can't possibly imagine how we had any room in our bellies! We got to tour Beebs' dad's house, where her reception is going to be, and it just got me more excited for the wedding!

Not that we needed another big feast, but Sunday morning we just couldn't resist! Beebs and another bridesmaid, Paige, went to town in the kitchen, making a quiche, pancakes, muffins, fruit salad, bacon, etc! I helped mixed the pancake batter because y'all know cooking is not my forte!


It was so yummy, and was the perfect way to end our time together! Not to mention, the meal held Kyle and I over for our 5 hour drive back home! We didn't have to stop once for food!

It was definitely a great kick off to Spring Break!

4 comments :

  1. I am enjoying spring break as well.. oh the life of a teach.. not to shabby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay looks like such a great way to kick off spring break! Sounds like you were able to see lots of fun people :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect start to spring break!!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs