So, here's a little peak at my merry-go-round of a life via Iphone pics...
1. One of our best "couple" friends, Kelly and Keith, are pregnant and due in February! We had so much fun at their gender reveal party where we found out that they are expecting a BABY GIRL! Bring on the pink!
2. We celebrated the life of my cousin, Heath, after he passed in late September and as hard as it was, the amount of people who attended his funeral and all of the wonderful stories they told were such a testament to how brave, selfless, and kind he was. Heath was 38 years old, but had been battling cancer since his mid-20's. It really hit me hard because I am about the age that he was when he was first diagnosed. It's so crazy and heartbreaking to think of all the things he missed out on. My heart especially hurts for his, Dad, my Uncle Fred, who lost his mom, wife, and now son, all too soon. Life can be so unfair sometimes. But, it's in these moments that we grow and gain perspective and can really check ourselves to make sure that we're focusing on the really important things.
3. My cousin from the other side of my family and her hubby, Eric, just announced that they are expecting a baby in April! This will make their daughter, Addison, who is by far the most popular member of our family, a big sister! We could not be more thrilled for them, and are so excited to add another precious little one to Clan McLeod!
4. My BFF since I was four years old, Kristen, got engaged to her sweet guy, Colt back in September! We had the best time celebrating the bride and groom-to be at a tailgate before the NC State game the weekend after! I am so pumped for all of the wedding festivities between now and March 2015!
5. I am so proud of my college bestie, Beebs, who just landed an amazing job as the site merchandiser of clothing within Amazon fashion! She is so amazing and went through some grueling interviews (Amazon is apparently one of the top 5 hardest companies interview-wise) and, of course, they loved her! The only sad part (for me) is that she will be moving from Baltimore ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY to Seattle. I am already planning my first trip out there but will miss being within a 6-hour drive from her! We got to celebrate with a breakfast date when she and her mom came into town for a wedding two weekends ago!
6. Not pictured--I've been having a really hard time at work because of a situation that I can't really get into. It's been such a stressful month, probably the worst, but the good news is that things have finally been resolved, and I am feeling much more at peace now. I am so thankful for the family, friends, and especially my sweet hubby for offering listening ears and supportive thoughts.
So, as you can see, there's so much to celebrate, sprinkled in with a bits of crumminess. But, that's life, and it's certainly what keeps things interesting :)