2013 was an interesting year. Parts of it were amazing...mostly it was amazing! Parts of it I'd love to forget (but oh, how I've grown from those parts!). For this post, I'm keeping it all positive!
The teacher in me feels like making this into a game...a fill-in-the-blank type of game. We'll call it "2013 was a year of..." and go from there ;)
2013 was a year of...TRAVEL
Atlantic Beach with my rents, Atlanta for a concert, Baltimore to visit Beebs & Brian, Savannah on our way to FL, and Florida (x2) for 1 week at Disney and Islands of Adventure with my fam and 1 week of beach time and relaxation w/ Kyle's fam!
2013 was a year of...CONCERTS (well, OK, just 2...but on our salary that's a big deal!)
The xx in Atlanta back in February and Sigur Ros in Raleigh in September (oh, and it totally poured down rain the entire concert...it was amazing!)
I love my family-- my parents, my grandparents, my brother (and his lovely girlfriend, Hanna), my Clan McLeod, my inlaws, my Dad's side of the fam! I could not have been more blessed
(From Top Left)
1. BFF's bro got married in Feb.
2. High school bestie, Ally, got married in May
3. Some awesome school mamas threw a graduation luncheon for us in May!
4. Gender reveal for Baby O'Hare in October
5. BFF got engaged in September...we celebrated with a tailgate!
6. Baby shower for Kelly and Baby O'Hare in December
7. Flashback to Dad's 60th bday celebration in Disney!
8. My cousin Kat, and her sweet hubby Eric announced they are expecting a sister for Addison, in April!
9. Kyle and I turned 27 in November...had multiple bday celebrations with different family and friends! I especially enjoyed my Cheerwine Sangria at Mateo.
10. Kyle took me ice-skating for my birthday!
11. Kyle ran his first 5-miler at the Bull City Race Fest in October! So proud!
12. We made our first birthday video to ourselves on my birthday in November!
Ahhh! I finally graduated with my Masters in Education for Experienced Teachers in Literacy! PTL I made it through those 2 years!
Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, 4th of July, Halloween, Christmas, and New Year's Eve (not pictured was Father's Day and Thanksgiving, but we did celebrate!)...we like them all, especially when friends and family are involved!
And, yes, according to my Iphone pics, we did, indeed, engage in lots of ridiculous selfies in 2013.
Other 2013 things...
I had my first student teacher, Chelsea, this year, and it was an awesome experience!
I sprained my ankle on a hike in July...nuts :(
I taught the last year with my amazing TA, Mrs. White...could not have asked for a better TA to start my first 4 years of teaching with!
I started my 5th year of teaching in August...whoa!
I worked my last day at the personal training studio (awesome side job)
I learned how to make my grandmother's rolls...so special!
We celebrated our first ever New Year's Eve with my Clan McLeod cousins...so incredibly special!
In 2014, I'm Looking Forward to...
Baby O'Hare being born in February!
Kyle's first 1/2 marathon in March!
My cousin, Daniel, & Kristen's couple's shower in March!
Baby Gee 2 being born in April!
Weekend with Kyle's fam in Asheville sometime this spring!
My college friend, Anna's, wedding to Mac this May!
Daniel & Kristen's wedding in Pittsburgh this May!
Family trip to Cabo this Summer!
Trip to Seattle to see Beeb's and Brian's new home (also this summer!)
Bring it on, 2014!