Run, This Ain't No Place for Walken :)

3.20.2014

I promise that I know how to spell "walking," but I had to give a little shout-out to one of the creative signs ("Run, this Ain't No Place for Walken"with a huge pic of Christopher Walken) someone made to cheer on the runners in the Quintiles Wrightsville Beach Marathon and Half Marathon this past weekend. You gotta love the creativity people put into their signs at races!

Even though I didn't have any fancy signs, I had so much fun cheering on Kyle and my cousin-in-law, Eric, who both ran the half marathon. Kyle trained so hard for the race, and I could not have been more proud of him. And just imagine, this was the guy who literally told me a few years ago that he didn't see the point nor feel the need to exercise! Now, he loves running and is kicking my booty for not exercising ;)

Also, precious side note-- Kyle and Eric would snapchat each other on Saturday mornings before their "long runs," and I love that they were such a good support to each other throughout! Fact--I happen to know that there was nothing "sweet" about their snapchats to each other and instead, I would be embarrassed to even share some of the content of them, but I know guys definitely bond differently than girls, so I'll take it...hah!

I mentioned in this post what troupers Kyle and Eric were for helping out so much as we prepped for the engagement party the day before their race. They seriously get extra gold stars because they had to be up at the crack of dawn on Sunday for the race-- 6:45am start time is no joke!

Kathleen (Eric's wife and my cousin), Addison (Kat & Eric's daughter), and I weren't far behind them, but we did have to make a pit stop at Port City Java for a little early mornin' pick-me-up (aka a Mocha Shake). We met Kyle's mom down there and set up our chairs just in time to see Kyle passing at the 5 mile mark. We were sad to have missed Eric (I blame it on the PCJ), but the good news is that the boys  passed our spot again on their 12th mile, so we got to see him the 2nd time around!

We had so much fun watching all of the runners and cheering them on. Addison was so cute and kept saying that the girls running in tutus were "going to get them sweaty!" Adorable.

It was so exciting each time one of our boys ran by, and we could see the extra pep in their steps after running by (or at least we enjoyed letting ourselves think that!). We also were joined by Kyle's brother, Ryan, and my brother and future sister-in-law, Bryan and Hanna, who got to see Kyle on the 12th mile!

After the 12th mile, we hurried to the finish line spot. When I saw Kyle rounding the corner I was about to burst! It's just really cool to see people you love accomplish something they've worked hard for, and I can vouch for Kyle's dedication to his training!

Run, Kyle, Run! Almost to the finish-line! And, see that silver car back there? That's Kat & Eric's car! Kat and I would be the girls who parked the car right where the runners would finish! I promise there was no one near that spot when we parked there that morning, so they must have set up after we got there! Luckily, Eric was able to sneak it out when there was a lull!
Kyle, his mom, and his brother!
Eric and Addison!
So proud of my guy!

There was, of course, lots of celebrating for both boys, and it was a perfect cap to an already awesome weekend!

Way to go, Boo! I'm so proud of you!

No comments :

Leave a Love Note

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs