Happy 2 days until Christmas! My little break started on Wednesday and has been crammed full of movies, shopping, and eating, so I'm glad to have a moment to relax and catch up on the blog world. I feel like there's so much that I've needed to blog about, likeeee.....
The fact that I won another giveaway! I swear I never win things, and all of a sudden, I've won 2 in 1 week! Take me to Vegas, y'all! Thanks to the sweet Pamela, from Pamela's Place, who hosted an awesome giveaway of a stocking full of her favorite things. I'm especially excited for the Starbucks gift card because Kyle and I love having "coffee" dates there...aka hot chocolate dates!
And, I have to thank Brianna from Adventures of a Southern Wife for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I love Brianna's blog and am so thankful to her for sharing some blog love with me!
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination
3. Share 7 random things about yourself
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you
5. Add the Versatile Blogger picture to your blog post
So, here goes...and to be honest, some of these may be repeats from Brianna's nominations...but oh well!
1. Addison from Carolina on My Mind
2. Tamara from T Times 3
3. Sarah from Simply Sarah
4. Crystal from Coffee at Nordstrom
5. Lyndsay from Simply Lyndsay
6. Steph from The Sweet Life
7. Kate from The Anniversary Home
8. April from A.Liz Adventures
9. Caroline from Sweet Caroline
10. Claire from Life in the Sweet Virginia Breeze
11. Melody from Sweet Like a Song
12. Beth from Sweet Southern Pearl
13. Christin from Carolina City Girl
And my 2 real life blogger loves...
14. Kathleen from Growing Up Addison
15. Ashley from According to Ashley
And 7 random things about myself...
1. My parents kindly bought me my first car when I turned 16, a used Honda Accord...what we didn't know-- when you put it into Reverse, it announced on the outside of the car, "Attention Please this car is backing up" in a totally obnoxious voice...totally mortifying! Especially when it broke for about a month and said it full speed Chipmonk Style! Luckily we figured out how to cut the wires-- right before my senior year...of college! Yikes!
2. I really wanted to be apart of a 3-child family when I was younger and used to lie and say I had 2 brothers instead of 1...weird!
3. I worked at Loft during the summers and winter breaks of college...Kyle says I can fold a mean t-shirt! I definitely have no money to show from those days!
4. I waited until my 21st birthday to even have a sip of alcohol...not even sure why, but it was important to me!
5. My family and my mom's sister's family spent 6 summers traveling the US in a suburban...there were 9 of us and 9 seats in the suburban...you do the math! That was 1 jam-packed car, but man we have the best memories from those trips!
6. I got amazing gifts from my students this year, but honestly, the most special gift I received was a burnt cookie and a piece of chocolate from one of my students from last year. He has such a rough home life and is the sweetest child I have ever met. He stole my heart last year! Just the fact that he even thought to bring that to me this Christmas is so special. I wish I could win the lottery and send him to college!
7. I LOVE gifts and am really good at finding them ahead of time! My parents used to hide them in the hall closet and put a big blanket over them...let's just say I always knew what I was getting! But now, I'm finding that I want to be surprised more!
Alright, off to do more last-minute shopping! Enjoy your Fridays!