Summer Reads

6.25.2014

I was totally that kid who showed up at the library at least once a week and did all of those little summer "reading challenges" or read all of the books on the "list" for the next grade level. Put a book in my hand, and I was a happy camper.

Not much has changed other than I don't always feel like I have enough time to read during the school year while I'm teaching, so I always cherish my summer reading time--at the beach, the pool, on my couch, or in the car!
Well, and I guess I should add that I've broadened my horizons a little as far as what I read--no longer just chick lit. I've been trying to add in some books that are helping me with some of the lifestyle changes that I'm in the process of making!

Here are some of the books I was most excited about diving into this summer.

---------------------------------------------------------------
From top left:

Cave Women Don't Get Fat by Esther Blum

*almost finished; all about the Paleo diet; super informative with a sassy edge

The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne

*read it, loved it, would definitely recommend!

Woman Code by Alisa Vitti

*read it in a day; SO informative; a must-read for anyone preparing to get preggo, anyone with any hormone or thyroid issues, or anyone who just wants to better understand their body!

Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella

*just picked it up today; love all of her books!

Miracles Now by Gabrielle Bernstein

*I just started following her on instagram--she's a total yogi, free-spirit and wrote this supposedly great book on how to best live a stress-free life; was recommended by the same person who recommended Woman Code

The One & Only by Emily Giffin

*haven't read yet, but when has Emily Giffin ever failed us!?
---------------------------------------------------------------

So, that's my list! What's on yours? 

Happy Reading!

1 comment :

  1. Ooh girl bring those lifestyle reads to the beach! I will want to browse!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs