So, let's talk cleanses. Honestly, I've never really known much about them or really ever cared to. But, I work at a personal training & health studio on the weekends, and their nutritionist offers a 21-Day cleanse that sounded pretty legit. I talked to her extensively about it but was still a little hesitant. Then, I ran into my friend, Liz, who also works at the studio, and she was on Day 16 of the cleanse, and I could just see the difference in her. She was so bubbly and energetic. She said she hadn't felt better since she was in high school in terms of her energy. I was completely sold...especially since I really trust her when it comes to fitness and health...it is her area of expertise!
I had my amazing food-fest in Baltimore last weekend and ended Sunday night with a nice big bowl of Annie's macaroni & cheese.
And then, this past Monday I kickstarted the cleanse and I haven't looked back since!
Now, let me just say that I would not just do any old cleanse.
Selling Points for This Cleanse:
1. You can eat as much fruits, veggies, quinoa, lentils, and brown rice as you want for the first 7 days and add in chicken in fish for the last 14.
2. You drink 3 smoothies a day in addition to any of the above foods you'd like to eat.
3. The cleanse can be good for feeling healthier, weight loss, and reducing food cravings...all of which I need help with!
4. After the 21 days, you can introduce foods one at a time to figure out what foods you have sensitivities towards.
5. It has strict boundaries. I like that I don't have to sit and think about what I'm eating. I drink my 3 smoothies and am rarely hungry for anything else. If I am, I pull out a little quinoa and mix it with veggies. Done and done.
6. It's all natural and the kit includes everything that you need to meet all of your nutritional needs in ways that are clean and good for your body.
So, I'm now on Day 7 of the cleanse, and I just could not be more excited about how it is going! First of all, I have not felt hungry or empty at all the entire time, which was my big fear. I also have not had any food cravings, which is huge for me considering I would literally eat some sort of dessert every day. And, I have not suffered from some of the mood swings or grouchiness that I was warned about! Kyle is thanking his lucky stars for that!
Instead, I just feel good. I know that I am doing something good for my body. I don't feel bloated or run-down from any of the processed foods I used to eat. And, I've lost 5 pounds, which is definitely a big bonus. I have also managed to go out to trivia night when my group won a huge brownie, a Mexican restaurant and watched everyone enjoy chips and queso, and watch my mom and Kyle eat pizza, and I've been fine! I know that I can have those foods again, I'll just be much more mindful of how often and how much I consume when I do.
I stil have 14 days to go, but I'm pretty pumped about how it's going so far!
|All of the necessities for Week 1!|
|Yummy smoothie! I add 1/2 a banana, a large handful of spinach, and 3 strawberries|