Weekend Round-Up x 2

10.26.2014

Why, why are weekends only 2 days long? I think I'd be the most productive human being if I could just get 1 extra weekend day! Then I could have 1 day for me, 1 day for house, and 1 day to lesson plan (or more likely 2.5 days for me and .5 of a day for the non-fun stuff!).

Last weekend we took a little weekend trip to Wilmington, and it was heavenly. We had a wedding on Sunday for a sweet girl I used to lead in small group when I was a senior in high school. That left us free on Saturday to visit with family and finally get our toes in the sand for a little sunset/beach date.
ONE- Road trip selfies--a must do!
TWO- mocha shakes from PCJ--also a must do!
THREE- Pedicures with mom--at the risk of sounding repetitive, another must do!?
FOUR- All fancified for the sweet Bailey Dudeck's wedding
FIVE- Beach lovin' (a perfect afternoon on the most gorgeous day)

This weekend was much more low key. Kyle's grandpa has been in NC for the past week and came to visit us on Saturday. It was the first time he's been able to come to NC in 7 years, and it was so fun for Kyle to get to show him his office and around town. We also got to show him our house for the first time.  He is just the sweetest and was full of stories.  Of course it was a little bittersweet since it was the first visit without Kyle's grandma, but it was a really special day. Sunday was way less fun but a perfect mix of relaxation and productivity (read: I finally did laundry!). 
ONE-- Kyle and his grandpa, my heart melted seeing the two of them together!
TWO-- Laundry is so much more fun listening to a book on tape (Big Little Lies --so so good!)

Happy Weekending!

1 comment :

  1. That is so special that Kyle's grandfather came to visit! I hope you have a Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs