Proud Wifey

9.29.2011

So, I'm going to be that girl.  You know, the one who gets all mushy talking about her guy. But, I'm 100% OK with that because I love supporting Kyle and celebrating in his successes. Because I know he'd be doing the same thing right now...if he wrote a blog that wasn't just about bee,r and if I'd actually been the one to get my booty off the couch and run in my first 5K this past weekend!

Kyle started running back in January after swearing that he didn't see a need to exercise. And he actually fell in love with it. By February he was running miles at a time, and I was shocked and thrilled to see him really getting into it!  Towards the end of the summer he decided that he really wanted to start doing races, and he and our cousin-in-law, Eric, ran in the Warrior Dash back in August, which was more for fun and getting muddy and jumping over fire and all that jazz. But, this past weekend, he ran in his first 5K that was hosted by our gym to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House. 

I went all mama bear proud wifey on him and stood on the sidelines and snapped pics when the race began and then walked about a quarter of a mile down the road to where the 5K ended. It was so fun to be able to cheer all of the runners on, and I even got a little teary-eyed when I saw an 11-year old boy finish in 3rd place...that's so the teacher in me!  But, the best part was getting to be there at the finish line when Kyle came in! I was so happy to see him doing something that he gets so much joy out of and that brings him so much pride and feelings of self-accomplishment. He's already signing up for a 10K in November, and we're hoping to run a 5K together at the end of October! 
Feeling Ready! 
After about 600 takes...we finally got a decent one!
And he's off!
About to cross the line!
Yeah...you better look back and let me get your picture, sir!
And, of course...we totally raided the free food stands provided by all the race sponsors! So classy. 
Cupcake down! Probably because my hands were so full!
Free goodies...yum yum! Kyle would also like me to point out that 2 cupcakes and 2 cups of popcorn had already been consumed before this photo...woops!
Happy almost Friday!

2 comments :

  1. Great post! We are proud too!! Go Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Kyle!! Haha and I love that the cupcakes and popcorn were already consumed.....and I'm pretty sure I know who consumed them....

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs