Friday Five

8.14.2015

Yay for Friday! Kind of a weird Friday for me as I would normally be starting my first teacher-workday today, but, instead, I guess this would be considered my first day of maternity leave?  Despite that fact that, yes, I am still pregnant! Instead of having the end of summer blues it's going to hit me like a ton of bricks come the end of October when I go back to work after having the summer off followed by 10 weeks of maternity leave...but we'll save that worry for another day!

 Linking up for another Friday Five!

{ONE}
Preggy Progress

Yesterday, we officially hit the 40 week mark (according to what our doc. had in their system), even though all along we've been going by the August 15th due date since that is what we were originally told and kinda latched onto! The good news is that I had made some progress (1cm dilated and membranes were stripped!), which was encouraging, but we very well could still be scheduling an induction next Thursday if little man decides he's not ready to face the August heat just yet! I celebrated the progress by going to Target and picking up a few necessities...
Don't tell me that baking Oliver cupcakes won't entice him to come so we can finally celebrate his birthday!
{TWO}
Strength & Faith

One of my dear friends, who I've known since college but am probably even closer with since, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had her first mastectomy this past Monday. She has a long road ahead of her with treatments this fall and another surgery in the spring, yet she has just amazed me with her strength and incredibly positive attitude. She's just been on my heart so much recently with such a scary situation she's having to face. And, in situations like these show me how easy it is (at least for me, maybe I'm not alone?) to live in fear and how crucial (but so hard) it is to trust in the Lord's plan. One of the truly most special items I own is a cross-stitch prayer that used to hang in my grandparents' house. They gave it to me after my miscarriage last fall, and I find myself constantly going to this and thought it might bring anyone else out there, who has had a curve-ball thrown at them or is supporting a friend or family member through a tough time a little comfort, as it certainly continues to bring to me!

{THREE} 
Old Navy Swing Dress- Fall Edition

Ah! My favorite dress that I've worn for basically my entire third trimester that is so comfy and so cute is now available in a long-sleeve version with lots of yummy fall colors! It is seriously taking all of my will-power not to purchase every.single.one.of.them. Especially considering the amazing price point. I'm already dreaming of pairing this with booties and a statement necklace or scarf for the perfect transition-to-fall outfit. 
{via}
{FOUR} 
Anniversary Love

Today is my parents' 39th wedding anniversary! As I was writing my card to them I got a little sappy thinking about the example they have set through their marriage. They've not only shown that love is so important but also compromise, patience, laughter, commitment, grace, and lots and lots of movie dates (popcorn and Diet Coke mandatory!).  Cheers to this amazing couple!

{FIVE} 
For all of my teacher friends out there getting their classrooms ready...

A little motivation for ya...

{via}
Have the best Friday!

Linking up with these lovely ladies today:
 April, KarliErikaNarci and Andrea for 5 on Friday, Oh Hey Friday, and Friday Favorites.


2 comments :

  1. Happy maternity leave! And happy thoughts for L&D. Also, hold off on buying those high-neck dresses! If you're going to be breast feeding (or even pumping) they won't be very cooperative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how cute are your parents? Such an incredible milestone, congrats to them!
    xoxo B | The Sequin Notebook

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs