A Little Bump in the Road

11.06.2011

Sometimes in life something a little unexpected knocks at the door, and you have to make a decision about how you're going to face it.  I've mentioned a few times that I had been having some numbness in my right foot every time that I've run over the past few weeks. And last weekend I was so pumped because I had run the distance of a full 5K without having to walk, but that night, my body reacted in a way that really scared me enough to make me finally go see the doctor. I was having numbness in my right foot and my right hand, with tingling all the way down my arm and shooting pains in my back. Zero percent fun. I went to the doctor this past Monday, and found out that I needed to go to the Neurologist for testing...most likely for a Bulging Disc in my neck. I luckily was able to get an appointment with a Neuro this coming up Tuesday (a miracle considering you usually have to wait up to 4 weeks!), and I will be having an MRI and 2 other tests...one of which requires them to send an electric shock through my nerves...yikes! The other piece of bad news is that I officially have to stop running, and possibly stop exercising altogether until we get this figured out. Soooo, not only was I in pain this whole last week, but I've been having to work through all of the emotions running through my head---the disappointment of having to give up running, the fear of the tests, the anxiety of "not knowing," and the shock of something like this happening with my body when I'm only just about to turn 25. But, luckily, Kyle and my family and friends have rallied around me...letting me have my "pity party" for a few days and then gently encouraging me to keep on going.  I had a major meltdown Friday night after a really painful day and was just feeling pretty low, but  I woke up Saturday and decided to push through the pain and not let it keep me from living my life. Kyle and I had a great time at the State vs. Carolina game and had so much fun grabbing drinks at City Beverage Saturday night.
Yes, I wore state attire...I decided since I'm a Tar Packer that I'll just wear the color of the home team! And, hey, it's a win-win...I honestly am happy for whichever team wins!
I totally forgot to take pics...so we took a quick one when we got home!
And that was just what I needed. I made a conscience decision last night that I am going to do my best to keep my head up, no matter what happens on Tuesday. God has blessed me with so much in my life, and nothing can change that! So, for me, even if it's raining...it's going to be raining sunshine! This doesn't mean I have to pretend to not be bummed or scared...it just means that after I let myself have my "moments" I move on with a smile on my face!

1 comment :

  1. Again, don't know how I missed this one, but I admire you so much and love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs