Back to Reality (Insert Sad Face)

1.02.2012

Someone wise once said that all good things must come to an end, and even though I'm pretty sure they weren't talking about my winter break, I think the saying definitely applies!

My alarm will be blaring at the ungodly hour of 5:30 am tomorrow so that I can get back to my kiddies and attempt to teach them a thing or two despite the fact that all they'll really want to do tomorrow is talk about all their amazing Christmas presents! I can't blame them. In fact, I may even join them! At least it's only a 4 day week! And, I have to admit, I definitely miss them!

But I am for sure going to miss the leisurely life style I've gotten accustomed to these past 2 weeks...ya know, the one when you can...

1. Actually meet up for lunch with your hubby in the middle of the week (did this today, loved it so much that we stayed and just chatted even after we'd payed the bill!). Somehow I just don't see my principal being cool with me leaving school in the middle of the day on a regular basis to do this!

2. Actually stay up late enough to watch your TV shows in real time instead of DVR-ing them and watching them the next night. So many great shows start this week (The Bachelor, Biggest Loser, Jersey Shore...don't judge, I like reality TV!), but I just can't stay up as late as I want to to be able to catch them all and still function properly. Yikes!
Who's watching tonight!? I know I am!
3. Actually have a coffee date in the morning followed by a lunch date with friends in the SAME day..whoaaaa I know! Livin' large! But true story. I had the best 2 hour coffee date with one of my college besties, Ash, followed by the best 2 hour lunch date with one of my high school besties, Becca, and it was AMAZING! Given, I was extremely full by the end, but to be able to catch up with 2 friends in the same day was priceless!
Yes, we take pictures in Starbucks...we also exchange gifts there, don't hate!
4. Actually have enough time to shop for good deals...getting a good deal is all about timing. You gotta be in the right place at the right time. Like today when I got my cute Jessica Simpson flats from DSW for $1.06. Yup, you heard me. I payed just over $1.00 for a pair of nice flats! And would I ever find myself at DSW on a regular Monday. No. Were the flats there when I went on the weekend? No! Case in point.


Now that I'm writing this, I recognize that it's probably a good thing I work where I do because if I did this whole shopping, lunching and lounging thing that I've been doing all break, I'd probably not like what I saw in the mirror and have no money in my wallet!

But, it is definitely what I needed to feel refreshed and ready to tackle 2 more quarters of teaching AND 1 more semester of grad school until Summer break! I sooooo got this!

Hope everyone else has a smooth transition back to work, school, or whatever it is you do!

12 comments :

  1. i feel you girl.. tomorrow my 5th graders are gonna run me down..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I am glad you found me :) And girl, I so understand about being back to reality after 2 weeks of lounging! I can't believe you found those flats for $1.06 *jawdrops* amazing! Hope you've had a great Holiday break. :)

    <3Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower and just stumbled across your lovely blog! Keep up the good work, I am loving it already :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, love the #4 :)
    Kisses :*

    http://confessionsofthepsychocat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the blog! Can't wait to read more!
    I cannot believe you got those adorable flats for that cheap! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for following. :) Great find on those flats! They're so adorable. That's funny how you found them.. it must have been meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha Lovin' this! But definitely makes me appreciate my lifestyle (for now)... 5:30AM alarm?! YIKES... I'll take 9AM thanks ;) lol at least for a couple more years :)

    Def. new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word!!!! That is the best deal ever! I have no idea how to shop for deals haha. Love your blog and I am your newest follower! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took pictures in Starbucks and exchanged gifts there this Christmas, too. ;o)

    I am in love with your new shoes!!! And totally jealous you got them for $1!!! That is ridiculous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for popping by my blog and becoming follower #40. Woo!

    I am a big fan of the bachelor and I can't resist DSW either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness what a steal on those flats!! They're SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so great dear:) lovely flats love the color!La Folie 

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs