Weekend Recap

3.18.2012

I have to tell y'all, Sunday nights are the absolute worst! My mom told me that she always felt the same way, so I take some comfort in the fact that almost all of us working folk must feel this way...end of the weekend blues!

Since I was still on the mend, I needed to have a relaxing and restful weekend, and luckily, there was plenty of March Madness basketball to keep me entertained! Kyle and I had to cancel our "pot-luck" on Friday night because it was just too much to pull off after the week I'd had, and I was still in a lot of pain. I got to see my Tar Heels win and Duke lose, so it was a great night!


On Saturday, Kyle and I did venture out to the mall just because I was going a little stir crazy! We ended up seeing 21 Jump Street, and I loved it! I adore Jonah Hill, and Channing Tatum is certainly not bad to look at! Plus, I needed a good laugh, even if it made my chest hurt!


We were so excited that St. Patty's day was on a Saturday this year so that we could go out, but pretty much knew that was a no-go earlier in the week. I really wasn't thinking I'd be able to do anything at all based on how I'd been feeling, but luckily, we were able to have our friends, Matt and Anna, come over to just have a lazy evening of watching the Saturday night games and eat pizza! Kyle debuted the beer that he'd home-brewed, and even though I am not much of a beer drinker, I thought it tasted good, and he was super pleased with it! I was very proud of him!
I love my Irish-man!
I started reading The Hunger Games last night and finished it today! It was SO good! I can't wait to read the next two, and I am totally hoping that she ends up with Peeta!


And, I was super proud of the Wolfpack for knocking out Georgetown today and making it to the Sweet 16, as well as my Tar Heels for whoopin' up on Creighton! I'm hoping Marshall will be OK because I think it's about time the Heels brought home another National Championship! The last time they did was when I was a senior at UNC, and it was one of the best nights of my college career!

I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing weekend as well!

Happy March Madness, everyone!

2 comments :

  1. loveeee the hunger games, cannot wait for the movie next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that t-shirt! I am so sad that Marshall broke his wrist, but hopefully we can still pull out a NCAA win. Hope you get back to feeling 100% soon, happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs