Why I should NOT be allowed in the kitchen!

3.05.2012

Oh.my.goodness. I just totally sucked it up in the kitchen, and all I had was one simple task...cook the chicken! Kyle was working later today than usual, and I was coming home earlier than usual because I don't have grad class tonight! I figured that I ought to make a go of it in the kitchen with dinner tonight...you know, impress the hubs with my hidden cooking skills that I rarely display. So, I thought I'd cook Pecan/Parmesan-Crusted Chicken, an old favorite from college that my bff, Beebs, introduced me to! It's super easy and very delicious! Except that I forgot one very important ingredient--the parmesan cheese. There are no words to describe my reaction when I go to sample what is sure to be the same amazing chicken from back in the day, only to realize that it tastes so incredibly bland because I forgot the parm! I don't know if you've tasted pecans just plain, but it's not good. And just imagine adding that blandness to the blandness of a straight up chicken breast. I'll say it again. NOT GOOD! Of course Kyle is home by this point to witness my embarrassment, but luckily he can be Mr. Fix-It in the kitchen too, and he whipped up a little Dijon mustard/parmesan mixture, recoated the chicken, popped it back in the pan for a few more minutes, and voila...disaster averted! The good news is that I escaped this cooking experience relatively unharmed excepting a minor bruise to the ego! I guesssssss I could try it again...one day! And for all of you domestic goddesses out there who are shaking your heads at my shortcomings in the kitchen let me just say,  I may suck it up in the kitchen, but I can fold a mean shirt! That earns me a few points, right!?


Hope your Monday is off to a great start!

3 comments :

  1. Hahaha, I think I am a good cook but cannot fold laundry to save my life so you have me there!! I wish my husband would think to whip up some Dijon mustard/parmesan mixture if he needed to, but he would just say, "let's order in". Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your chicken! :( Don't feel bad thought, it happens! The kitchen and I don't get along most of the time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And apparently I can't type today! :) though not thought.

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs